EMPLOYEE REFERRAL PROGRAM
Northeast Georgia Health System, Inc. values you as an employee and recognizes that you know that friends make the best co-workers. That’s why we’re kicking off a new Employee Referral Program that features exciting bonuses!
Between January 1, 2017 - June 30, 2017, we will recognize your contributions to NGHS’s recruitment efforts by providing an incentive that encourages you to refer your friends and colleagues who you feel fit with NGHS’s core values.
DEFINITIONS, RULES AND PAYMENTS
Hard-to-fill positions are defined by Recruitment, as any licensed or professional position that is deemed difficult to fill. All positions are posted on our website www.nghscareers.com. Human Resources has the flexibility to designate which positions fall under this category, and positions are subject to change.
- Eligible current NGHS employee must be named as “source” by the referred candidate on a NGHS application for employment completed during January 1, 2017 and June 30, 2017, time frame. Only one employee name can be listed as the source. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
- Full-time and part-time employees currently employed by NGHS are eligible to receive a referral bonus for each successful hire who meets the criteria of the program. Human Resources staff members (to include Educational Services), senior management, hiring managers, Charge RNs, House Supervisors and Unit Educators are ineligible to receive a bonus.
- A referral bonus of $5,000 will be paid for any full-time or part-time RNs for CVICU, ICU, ER, CVOR, NICU and OR.
- The referring employee will receive $1,500.00 the first pay period after the new employee completes general orientation, $1,500.00 after 6 months of continued employment and $2,000.00 after one year of employment.
- A referral bonus of $3,000.00 will be paid for any other licensed RN (full-time and part-time only).
- The referring employee will receive $1,000.00 after the new employee completes general orientation, $1,000.00 after 6 months of continued employment and $1,000.00 after one year of employment.
- A referral bonus of $2,000.00 will be paid for licensed Allied Health professional and LPNs (full-time and part-time only).
- The referring employee will receive $500.00 the first pay period after the new employee completes general orientation, $500.00 after 6 months of continued employment and $1,000.00 after one year of employment.
- A referral bonus of $500.00 will be paid for any unlicensed Allied Health professional and any other non-licensed and
non-certified positions that are designated as NOT hard-to-fill (full-time and part-time only).
- The referring employee will receive $125.00 after the new employee completes general orientation, $125.00
after 6 months of continued employment and $200.00 after 1 year of continued employment.
- Anyone who is currently employed by or associated with any facility under Northeast Georgia Health System, Inc., is not eligible for referral. For example, you cannot refer a nursing student currently working at the Medical Center or receiving a loan or scholarship through the Medical Center. Contract/Temporary staff members will not count as a new referral.
- Eligible candidates must have at least one year of experience in their field (new graduates are not eligible as candidates for referral bonus).
- Previous employees who have been gone for one year or longer and are in good standing will qualify as a candidate for referral.
- You must be employed by NGHS at the time you receive all payments of the referral bonus. Referral bonus payments will be included in the payroll check following the date of hire, the 6 month anniversary date and the one year anniversary date of the referral’s hire. Referral bonus payments are considered taxable income by the I.R.S.
- Northeast Georgia Health System reserves the right to amend or cancel this program without notice.